Volunteer with us
Want to give something back and make a difference?
- Do you regularly have free time on your hands and would like to support local people?
- Are you between jobs and wanting to gain some extra work experience as well as helping others?
- Are you a student looking for work experience and the ability to make a difference?
- Are you retired and looking to be involved in something that gives something back?
If so, we’d love to hear from you.
St Paul’s Centre is a community of people who want to give time and support to help others in the local community. With the support of our willing and enthusiastic volunteers, we are able to do more, help more people, meet more needs.
There are tremendous benefits from the work that our volunteers carry out at St Paul’s Centre and without their contribution, many of our projects would come to a halt and our operations would run much less smoothly.
Volunteers are of incredible value to our work, without them we could not operate. Many of them have amazing stories to tell and their journey is often linked to volunteering. One such person is Julie who devoted herself to caring for her elderly mum till she passed away in May 2017. Totally isolated from the outside world apart from weekly shopping she found herself broke, both financially and emotionally.
In October through a social worker Julie was referred to us for a food parcel and shortly afterwards wanted to give something back by volunteering. Giving 3 afternoons a week in the Foodbank, Laundry area and cleaning Julie says ‘I’m mixing with people and I like to keep busy. I’m building my confidence up and hope to get a job in the future’.
The benefits of volunteering
Our volunteers have told us that being involved with St Paul’s Centre has benefited them in the following ways:
- Increases confidence
- Provides opportunities to develop new skills
- Expands work experience
- Encourages you to develop a routine
- Helps you feel part of a team, working with others and making new friends
- Provides you with purpose and direction
If you are interested in volunteering we are often looking for people to help in the following areas:
- People to help with moving and displaying furniture
- Centre volunteers to help sort and display goods
- Food sorters for St Paul’s Pantry and making up crisis parcels
Who do I contact?
If you are interested in volunteering please contact Alexia Stockton on 01270 586186 or email : email@example.com