Volunteer with us
Want to give something back and make a difference?
- Do you regularly have free time on your hands and would like to support local people?
- Are you between jobs and wanting to gain some extra work experience as well as helping others?
- Are you a student looking for work experience and the ability to make a difference?
- Are you retired and looking to be involved in something that gives something back?
If so, we’d love to hear from you.
St Paul’s Centre is a community of people just like you. People that want to give time and support to help others in the local community. With the support of our willing and enthusiastic volunteers, we are able to do more, help more people, meet more needs.
There are tremendous benefits from the work that our volunteers carry out at St Paul’s Centre and without their contribution, many of our projects would come to a halt and our operations would run much less smoothly.
The benefits of volunteering
Wow – it seems that as well as helping us and others, you can gain some benefits from volunteering too. Our volunteers have told us that being involved with St Paul’s Centre has benefited them in the following ways:
- Increases confidence
- Provides opportunities to develop new skills
- Expands work experience
- Provides additional skills and experience to add to your CV
- Encourages you to develop a routine
- Helps you to develop time management skills
- Helps you make new friends
- Helps you feel part of a team and work with others
- Provides you with purpose and direction
- Helps you to set and achieve goals
- Gives you a sense of meaning
- Builds stamina and improves your health
If you are interested in volunteering we are always looking for people to help in the following areas:
- People to join our van crew to collect and deliver furniture
- Centre volunteers to help sort and display goods
- Support for our trainer on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- People to sort food donations for St Paul’s Pantry and to make up parcels
- Fundraisers to help us raise funds for a new vehicle
- Bicycle mechanics and technicians to help in our bicycle recycling centre
Who do I contact?
If you are interested in volunteering please contact Chris Leftley or Cheryl Wykes on 01270 586186 or
email : firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com to discuss the matter further. Click here to find out what she thinks about her role as Volunteer Co-ordinator for St Paul’s Centre.
My Role As Volunteer Co-ordinator
Hi, my name is Chris Leftley and I have worked at St Paul’s Centre for many years now.
One of the reasons that I love my job so much is that as Volunteer Co-ordinator each and every day I welcome volunteers to the organisation and watch them change, growing in confidence and gaining hope and a purpose for their life. I see my work as providing a stepping stone for them and have seen several volunteers move on to employment. It’s a privilege to be part of this team and experience God working out His plan in all our lives.